Tuesday, October 2, 2012

NYX Team Spirit Tutorial/Review

This weekend, while hanging out with my friends at Ulta, the Team Spirit trio from NYX caught my attention.


The bright colors drew me in and I couldn't resist! But once I got home, I was at a loss of what to do. After looking at it for awhile, and playing with the colors on my hands this is what I came up with:


This is how I did it!:


I started off with my foundation and concealer. I primed my eyes and used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk across my eyelid, in my inner corner, and on my brow bone. This step is will help make the eyeshadows show up truer to color and mark where I will highlight later.


I took the purple color in the trio with a flat shader brush and pat it all over the lid.


Next I used the blue color and a crease/blending brush to place the color in my outer corner and through my crease. 


Using a larger blending brush, you could use the same brush as before, I softly blended the yellow along the outer edge of the blue.


I highlighted the inner corner and brow bone with a matte white color. I used the a crease brush, mixed the purple and blue, and put that on my lower lash line. Black eyeliner along the lash line with a small flick helps make the colors a little more wearable.


Add your favorite mascara and this is what you end up with!

This is my before and after full face:


I kept the cheeks and lips very neutral to balance the eyes.

Review: The eyeshadows did not have the color payoff I expected from swatching them. I had to layer the purple a couple of times to get it to the color I expected and the blue took a lot of work. The eyeshadows were soft and easy to work with, without being powdery, so that made layering them up easy. Overall I would say that this palette is good, but not great. For the price, $7.99 (and I got it for 40% of), I do not regret this purchase at all. I think I will get a lot of use out of it. 

I hope you enjoyed this look! Let me know what you think and if you have any requests for future posts in the comments below! -Jessica










No comments:

Post a Comment