Thursday, October 11, 2012

Green Smokey Eye

I decided to depot my Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV this morning and was really excited about the colors. The problem, and a common complaint, with Urban Decay is that some of their packaging is a little excessive. The large box that the Book of Shadows IV was in kept me from using it very often, but putting them in a smaller palette will help me use them more often. Here is the look I came up with:


Greens are really fun, come in every shade you can imagine, and look great on all eye colors! Let's get started:



Start with priming your eyes. Then to prepare them for the color I used cream eyeshadows. I put the pencil in my inner corner and on my brow bone, the cream on my lid, and the green on the outer corner of my eye and in my crease. This does not have to be perfect just in the general shape you're wanting to achieve.


Next I used Sin, a light pink, on the inner corner of my eye lid.


Using the same brush I put Bust, a medium taupe brown, on the center of my lid as a transition into the darker colors to come.


I used Busted, a deep green, on a smudger brush on the outer corner of my eye and in my crease. 


Use a clean blending brush to blend, blend, blend the shadows until you get the desired look. 


Using the same smudger brush place Cobra, a dark olive green with gold sparkle, in the very outer corner of your eyelid to darken it up. Use the blending brush again to erase any stark lines of color.



I mixed Skimp and Zephyr on a small brush to highlight my inner corner and brow bone. I used a brown eyeliner with gold in it to line my upper lash line. You could use a black to make this more dramatic, but I liked how the gold in the liner picked up the gold in the eyeshadows. Then fill in your brows and add your favorite mascara!

Here is my full face before and after:


As always use the colors you have on hand, that's what I do. The techniques for this could be applied to any color you wanted, for instance this would also look beautiful in purple. I hope you liked this and will try it out! Leave me a comment letting me know what you think and what you would like to see next! -Jessica






No comments:

Post a Comment