Tuesday, October 9, 2012

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor!- Halloween look 3

I love the Hunger Games series, and the Capitol makeup in the movie was just amazing! I especially love this photo of Effie Trinket, played by Elizabeth Banks:


So I decided to take a shot at the look and here is what I came up with:


Let's get started!


I mixed white cream makeup with my foundation to pale out my skin. It is difficult to work with, but just take your time and you can get it somewhere near where you wanted it to be. I also put some of the foundation mixture on a mascara wand that I had and ran in through my eyebrows to lighten them too.


Place a medium purple all over your lids.  



Next use a light purple, preferably one that has a pink tinge to it. This will help the transition into the pinks used beyond the eye. I put this above the eyelid and all the way up to my brow, then I placed it on my lower lash line to connect the look.




I used the hot pink closer to my eye and blended towards my hair line. Using the same brush I used the light pink to blend the out the brighter pink, making it lighter the closer it gets to the hairline. After I placed the color I used a large fluffy blush brush to blend and soften the look.


Use a matte highlighter just on the inner corner of your eye to keep it light.


I used a black pencil on my upper waterline, because that is the only eyeliner it looks like she is wearing in the picture. On the lower water line I used a gold pencil.


To finish the eyes use a gold eyeshadow through the front of you eyes. This is what she is wearing in the visual and it ties nicely with the gold eyeliner! Add your favorite mascara and that is the eyes done.


I do not have anything similar to the lips in the image, so this was a small experiment. I used a dark purple lip stick and pressed a light blue eyeshadow over the top using my fingers. This got pretty close to my desired look.

So here is the full face before and after:



Remember that in the movie characters tended to match their makeup to their outfits, so change the colors to match what you're wearing! Most important have fun!

Leave a comment telling me what you think and what you would like to see in the future! -Jessica










1 comment: