Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ulta Haul!

So it is not often that I go into a makeup section or store and not know exactly what I am going to leave with, but today I ventured into the makeup territory with no real plan. I was armed with a 20% off coupon and an afternoon with no plans and here is the result:


Of course I found lots of products that I felt like "needed," but I do think I found some really fun and useful items!


The first thing I got was a repurchase. I love these face wipes! They are useful for so many things and I really like to use them to remove the majority of my makeup at night before I wash my face. 


I have really been in the market for a good under eye concealer lately. I love the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer for blemishes, but it is too dry for the under eye area. I have heard great things about this Maybelline concealer and I think it is going to be exactly what I am wanting.



Going into fall I really wanted a true red. Unbelievably this is not a color I owned or had anything like. This is "The Thrill of Brazil" by OPI. Two coats was perfect coverage and I really think I will get a lot of use out of this in the upcoming months!


This is the NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Black Bean. This is the only item I planned to buy on my adventure today. I am going to use this for a last minute Halloween tutorial and possible costume. I am not sure how I feel about the jumbo eye pencils yet, they are prone to creasing, which I already have trouble controlling. 
  

Olive Branch is a NYX cream eyeshadow. I was really drawn to this color and plan to use it with MAC's Cranberry for a new fall look!



I looked at this NYX blush a few times and just never committed to buying it, until today. I am really excited to try this out! It is supposed to be a good duplicate for NARS Orgasm blush. Because I don't own that blush, I can not compare them, but this color is beautiful and promising. 


My big unexpected splurge of my trip was this eyeliner set from Urban Decay. I love their eyeliners and this set looked too good to pass up, especially with the sharpener included. The olive green and navy pencil was a big draw. These are both beautiful colors for the fall and upcoming winter and will be really fun to play with.



The last item I picked up was this brow pencil in Light Brown. Once I got this home I realized how terrible this color was on me, and exchanged it for Taupe (which I don't have a swatch for yet). As far as the texture of the pencil I think I am going to like the product a lot. I am really hoping this will serve as a good replacement to my Anastasia Brow Wiz, which is much more expensive. 


From top to bottom: Light Brown brow pencil, Olive Branch cream eyeshadow, Zero eyeliner, Corrupt eyeliner, Sabbath eyeliner, Stash eyeliner, Black Bean eye pencil, and Pinched blush.

I am really excited to try out these products and I hope to do some great tutorials and review using them! Leave me a comment about which products you would like to see used and learn more about! -Jessica





No comments:

Post a Comment