Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Red Lips for Fall/ Naked Palette Look.

Last week MAC released a new collection centered around Marilyn Monroe. I attended an event at my nearest MAC where all of the products for the collection were sadly sold out. This was sad, but I still really wanted to find a great red lip for this fall. The artist I was working with did a great look on me and here is me recreating it!:


Let's get started!


I prepared my face with foundation and my eyes with primer. Then to get my eyes ready for the color, I used this Color Tattoo in Barley Beige, and a NYX eye pencil in Milk. I placed the Beige all over my lid and the Milk in my inner corner and on my brow bone. Blend out the Milk with your finger.


First I used Sin from my Naked Palette, a light shimmery pink, and I put that all over my eyelid with a fluffy brush.


Next, using the same brush, I put Naked in my crease. The easies way to do this is to look straight at your mirror and put your brush on your socket bone and rock it back and forth. This will place the color in your natural crease. The goal is just to accentuate not to be dramatic. Any matte light brown can work for this.


To finish up with shadow add a light color to the inner corner of your eye and on your brow bone. I used Virgin, which is a with with a bit of pink shimmer. 




To finish the eye I did a winged liner. You can use whatever liner your feel comfortable with, but I just think a wing is so classic and beautiful for all eyes. I used a gel liner and liner brush. I like to get product on the brush and then flatten the brush against the side of the pot. This really helps me get a better line on the inner half of my eyelid and to better define the wing. I start in the center of my eye and move towards the inner corner. This line thickness helps to set the thickness for the rest of the liner. I try for a fairly thin line on the inner corner and thicken it as it moves towards the center. From the center of the lid I try to keep the line the same thickness to the outer corner. Once I get to the end I start to form my wing. I use my lower lash line as a guide to draw up and then connect that line at an angle to the liner already on the lid. Fill in the space created, make any adjustments needed, and voila. Finish up with your favorite mascara and filling in your brows.

KEY TO WINGED LINER:  It is a lot of practice and getting familiar with your eye shape  


I finished up my face with bronzer, a light pink blush, and my favorite highlighter. 


To start with the lips I used a lip primer. Many brands make one, this one happens to be the MAC prep and prime. The primer will help to keep the lipstick from settling in the fine lines of my lips, counter act dryness, and keep the lipstick from feathering out into the skin around my lips.


To help stain the lips and start the color I used a dark red lip liner. I first lined my lips and then filled them in completely. I am using Brick from MAC.


For the lipstick I am using a beautiful deep red. This one is Viva Glam 1 by MAC.  Don't feel the need to use the same products I do. I use what I have, but feel free to use your favorite red. Put this color all over your lips. To help the color last longer blot the lipstick with a tissue and then reapply.


Last add a gloss. This is Spring Bean from MAC. I would never have picked this out on my own, but the artist at MAC used this on me and I was really impressed at how great it looked over the red! Again use your favorite gloss! 

So here is the full face before and after:



This is a really simple, classic look for a red lip that is great for the fall! I hope you like it and that you'll try it out!

Leave me a comment telling me what you think and anything that you would like to see in the future!   -Jessica













No comments:

Post a Comment