Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Makeup for a Rock Show!

I was on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and saw a very dramatic eye look and fell in love! I had no idea how I could fit the look into my life, until I remembered an upcoming concert! This is the look I wore to see Pat Benatar and Journey:

Let's get started!:


To begin I used a gold cream eyeshadow for a base. This is Maybelline's Bold Gold Color Tattoo, I really love these cream eyeshadows and they are by far the best I have tried from all price points.



I used Urban Decay's Honey to set the cream eyeshadow. I chose this because it is a very yellow gold, and best matched the visual I was referencing. You could use any gold eyeshadow that you like, such as Urban Decay's Half Baked. Be sure to use the gold all over the lid, under the eye, and around the inner corner.



Buck, a matte medium brown, was blended around the edge of the gold on all sides and under the gold on the lower lash line. Blend Buck high into the crease, high into the inner corner, and down the side of the nose. 


I used a black kohl eye pencil to line my upper and lower waterlines, this is the skin between you lashes and your actual eyeball. This can be a very good way to make you lashes look thicker on an everyday bases.


I used a black pen eyeliner to line the upper and lower lash line. Get this as close to the lash line is possible. 


I added my favorite mascara and that is the eyes done!

Here is the full face before and after:



For the rest of my face I just used a bronzer for contouring and some color on my face. I used a very neutral lip gloss. I wanted to keep the face very neutral, because the eyes were so bold. I really love how this came out and I hope you did too!

Let me know what you think and what you would like to see! -Jessica






No comments:

Post a Comment