Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review: ecoTools "The Everyday Collection"

I have heard great things about the ecoTools brush line for awhile now and just never got to trying them out. While at Wal-Mart the other day the "Everyday Collection" caught my eye and I decided to pick it up. For $10.98 I got 5 brushes and a case. 



The five brushes include:
Angled Blush Brush
Eye Shading Brush
Angled Eyeliner Brush
Detailer Brush
Concealer Brush




The Angled Blush Brush is a brush I have been wanting for awhile. I have been using this for conturing. Its great for placing the bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks and at the temples. It picks up the product well and blends out great.



The Eye Shading Brush is a very full flat shader brush. It picks up the color very well and is a great size for applying shadow to the lid. It is great for packing shadow on the lid without using too much product. This is another brush I was lacking in my collection and I am enjoying this a lot.





The Angled Eyeliner Brush is unique among my the eyeliner brushes I already own. The bristles of the brush are longer than usual and it is pretty wide. The differences work for me. I think it works great for smudging eyeshadow along the lash line. 


The Detailer Brush is a tiny brush that is great for highlighting that inner eye area. It works much better than I expected. I had pretty low hopes for this brush, because I have never really seen the need, but I was pleasantly surprised. I do not know that this is a brush I will reach for everyday, but it will be used on really detailed eye looks.


The Concealer Brush is a larger concealer brush than I have used before. I really really like this brush. It is really great for blending out concealer under the eye and blemishes on the face. I have really enjoyed this brush and it will become an everyday favorite. 

The case did not make the set for me. It is made from natural cotton and hemp and is very flimsy. I would not trust this to protect the brushes in my purse or in a bag for travel. I am not sure that I will ever use it, but the quality of the brushes makes the kit worth it. 

The brushes are so soft and feel great to use on the face. I have cleaned them and there was no shedding at all. The bottom line is that I would highly recommend this set to anyone. I really love them and will be making more ecoTools purchases! You can't beat $10.98 for 5 brushes and I would pay a lot more for the quality of brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment