Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Birchbox Sept 2012

I have been subscribed to Birchbox for the past several months, I think since May, but I really don't remember. I know before I became subscribed I was really curious what kinds of samples real subscribers actually received. I had watched video reviews with mixed reviews, but for $10 a month I decided to try it for a bit and see what I thought. I have to be honest I still have not really decided what I think. I am also subscribed to MyGlam and have been since February. Some months I like both, and some months I have a strong preference of one over the other. So here are my thoughts on this month's Birchbox. (MyGlam will be coming soon, but I have not received mine for this month yet.)


First in the box was Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir. It is described as "waves of ripe fruit and a base of heady jasmine." In all fairness I do not often wear perfume. The strong scents on my body often give me severe headaches, but occasionally I will come across a perfume I love and that just works for me. This is not one of those perfumes, but as I said I am not a fair judge.

Next was a custom polish made for Birchbox by Color Club. The color is Insta-This.


It is the blue color shown in the picture above (sorry for the messy application.) It is a great opaque polish after two coats. I was really happy about this being included in the box!

A sample of the Dr.Jart BB Cream was also included.



Above is a before and after of me applying the cream to my face. I have not added anything to my face except the BB Cream and I think it did a great job of covering my redness and evening out my skin tone. 

Next in the box was a sampling of hair products from LiQWd. Included was a volumizing spray and a sample of volumizing shampoo and conditioner. As a girl with very fine a flat hair I was excited to try these products and I was not disappointed. I could really tell a difference in my hair. I will look into buying the full size products.

The last thing was a twistband hair tie. This is a little bit useless to me since my hair is so short and I cut it shorter today, but it feels nice and it held my small bit of hair fairly well. 

This is not one of my favorite Birchboxes, but i did fine some new things that I really liked. That is generally how I feel every month there is usually one or two things I really like and the rest is meh. I will be doing a post on the MyGlam Bag for this month when it arrives and I have had a chance to try out some of the products. Leave me a comment telling me what you thought of the Birchbox, or if you also get Birchbox what came in your box! -Jessica


6 comments:

  1. I was curious about this Birchbox stuff myself. I know that there are multiple "box" companies, and I have no idea which one would be the best one to subscribe to. I am tempted to try it out, but I guess I'm still on the fence about it. The nail polish looks amazing though! :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail polish is great! Its the second one I have got from Brichbox and I couldn't be more pleased with them. I feel like all of the boxes are going to have good months and bad months, because they're trying to please so many people. Keep an eye out for my My Glam Review that should be up this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Our Birchboxes are so different. I got the volumizing spray last month. So this month I got a nailploish (grey'ish), tea, primer, fall look book, some more hair shampoo and conditioner and some face cleanser stuff. Also got the lacey hair tie thing.

    ReplyDelete