Monday, September 3, 2012

Golden Eye using the Urban Decay Naked Palette

Summer is winding down and fall will be here soon, so I was searching for a look that I thought could get me through the transition nicely. This golden brown look I think works perfectly! I used eyeshadows from one palette, the Naked Palette from Urban Decay, to make the look easier for a morning routine.


The first step in my makeup routine is setting a good base. This look is not going to involve glitter or shadows that have a significant amount of fallout, so I started with my foundation. Here i have applied moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, and a powder. I have also done my eyebrows. I like doing this first, because I use my eyebrows as a guide for the shape of my eyeshadows.



After adding eyeshadow primer, I always use a primer because I have oily lids and my eyeshadow won't last otherwise, I used a flat shader brush to apply "half baked," a gold metallic color, from the Naked Palette all over my lid.


I then used "smog," a medium brown/ bronzy color with gold leanings, to in the outer corner and into the crease to add some depth. I blended out the edge for a slightly softer look.



Over "smog" in the very outer corner and only in the depths of the crease I added "dark horse," a dark brown with gold flakes, for more depth and dimension. I mixed "smog" and "dark horse" on my crease brush and smudged it underneath my eye to tie together the top and bottom lid and to work as a lower liner. At this stage I also added "virgin," a pinky white, to the inner corner of my eye and below my brow bone as a highlight.



I did a winged liner using black gel liner. I use my lower lash line and the corner of my eyebrows to map out the the line that forms the wing, then I bring the liner in making it thiner as it approaches the inner corner. This adds drama to the look and is optional. I also added black pencil liner to the upper waterline.


To finish up the eye I curled my lashes and applied mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

Here is my full face before and after:


I hope you enjoy this look! Of course you do not have to use the same products as I did. There are cheaper alternatives to the Naked Palette that would create just as beautiful an effect, I just use what I have already. If you have any questions, comments, or requests on future posts please leave them below! -Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment