Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Eye Look

Sitting on my couch today, watching the rain fall outside, I was inspired to try a slightly dramatic look for the impending fall weather. It is so drab and grey outside that I wanted to use a little color to brighten up the day and really get me in the fall spirit! This is what I came up with:


To start


I start with my foundation and concealing all of my blemishes, under my eyes, and any other redness on my face. Then I fill in my brows and put a primer on my lids.


To start this look I used a Maybelline color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. I used this all over my lid, into my crease, and smudged under my lower lash line. These cream eyeshadows have fantastic staying power and provide a great color enhancement for colors used over them.


I then used a crease brush to apply MAC's Brash all over my lids, into my crease, and under my lower lash line. Brash is part of the Call Me Bubbles quad that came out with the MAC Shop/Cook collection this past spring. Its a great bronzy, orange shade. Several companies make shades that are similar to this and MAC's Coppering would be a great alternative.


I then used a soft black eye pencil along part of my upper lash line and into my crease.


Using another crease brush I blended the pencil in the outer corner of my eye and half way along my lash line. This can take a little work. Its best to put some pencil on, blend, put on more pencil where you would like it to be darker, and blend more. Repeat this process until you are happy with the look. I wanted the bronzy orange color to be the star of this look so I did not go too dark.


To finish up the eyes I used a white highlighter in my inner corner and on my brow bone. I then used some gel liner along my upper lash line, curled my lashes, and applied mascara. A great eyeliner alternative would have been to use that eye pencil from earlier and smudge it along the lash line.

Here is a before and after with the full face:



I hope you like this look and it puts you in the fall mood like it did me! If you have any questions on this look or any looks you would like to see let me know in the comments below! -Jessica





4 comments: