Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Everyday Look!

Lately I have been loving using all of my MAC eyeshadows. I go through rotations of what I reach for the most in my collection and right now they are winning most days! Due to this I have felt the urge to purchase more every time I walk by a MAC counter. The other day I did not win the fight and purchased Sable. I have been eyeing this color for awhile and I thought I would use it a lot for this fall. The second I used it I knew it would quickly become a favorite and have worked it into a new everyday makeup routine that I can use for work! Here is what I came up with!:


I started this look with my Maybelline BB Cream over a primer. I used some concealer for my blemishes, because the BB Cream doesn't have great coverage. Then I powdered my face to set it all. This BB Cream needs help in the coverage department, but it has pluses that outweigh this for me. (If you'd like a review let me know!)


After priming my lids I added Sable, a gold plumy brown, all over the lid using a flat shader brush. I put from the lash line up to where the crease starts.


I used a blending brush to put Satin Taupe, a deep taupe brown, in my crease and in the outer corner of my eye. I blended the color out quite a bit on the outer edge above my crease to make the look a lot softer and more natural.


I then put both Sable and Satin Taupe on my blending brush and took it under the eye. Using a small detail brush I used Rice Paper, a yellow/white shimmer, as a highlighter in my inner corner and under my brow.


I used Carbon, matte black, smudged along my lash line for eyeliner, because it is not as harsh or dramatic as liquid or gel liner. I also curled my eye lashes, added mascara, and filled in my brows.

Here is my full face before and after:

no makeup at all


I am really loving this look! I hope you enjoyed it too and will try it out! If you like this leave me a comment on what you liked or what you would like me to do next. Any questions on what I used or more details on those products? Let me know! Have a great day- Jessica

4 comments: