Wednesday, September 19, 2012

$1 Eye Tutorial and Review!

Everyone loves a good deal, so I decided to show that a $1 ELF quad can create a a really nice and dramatic eye look! I used the Day 2 Night palette and here is what I came up with:



Here is how I did it:


I started with an eye primer and then added the the medium brown color from the palette all over my lid. The color required a little bit of layering, but I do not think it was excessive work to get the desired look.


Then I used the dark eggplant purple in the outer corner of my eye and through my crease. This color had really great payoff. The only complaint I have for this color is some fallout, but that is easily corrected  by remembering to tap off the brush.


I used the dark grey color in the very outer crease to darken the area and make the look more dramatic. I also used that color under my eye for a lower lash line eyeliner.



To finish up the look I used the lightest color in the palette in my inner corner and under my brow bone as a highlight.  I also used the grey color and an angled liner brush to line my upper lash line. You could use a pencil liner, gel liner, or what ever else you like, but I wanted to use the grey so that the entire look would be from this one palette.


Curl your lashes, add your favorite mascara, and that is the look finished!

This is the entire face before and after:


I hope you enjoyed this look and will try it for yourself! This palette is available at eyeslipsface.com or at Target (where I got mine!) Let me know what you think about the look in the comments. Would you  like more $1 or similar looks? Put that in the comments too! -Jessica





2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I think the elf quads are good for traveling. That way you don't have to worry abt them breaking or anything. How was the color payoff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brown took a little bit of work, but for the price I think it was fine. The grey wasn't as dark as I would have liked it, but again for the price it was effective. I really think this is a great palette and I enjoy it for a no brainer smokey eye.

      Delete