Thursday, February 7, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Lipsticks


There is nothing more difficult to resist to a makeup collector than special packaging for a new collection. In addition I have recently lost my favorite lipsticks and I am on a mission to rebuild my collection. Today I was a attacked on two sides by this:


The new MAC Archie's Girls collection has really cute packaging on top of having some really great colors. I was very tempted by the Betty eyeshadow quad, but I contained myself to my lipstick mission!

The first item I picked today was not from the new collection, but part of MAC's permanent collection. I had collected six empty containers and decided use the Back to MAC program to replace my beloved nude lipstick.


Creme D'Nude is a lipstick I have heard a lot about in blogs and reviews. It is a beautiful neutral color.


This is a swatch on my hand.


This is the color on my lips. I love colors like this to neutralize my natural lip color, and then apply a colored lip gloss on top.

Then I chose two lip products from the new collection:


Kiss & Don't Tell is a beautiful coral color. It is very bright and will be great for this spring and summer.


This is a swatch on my hand where you can see the pigmentation.


This is the gloss alone on my lips. 


This is the gloss over Cream D'Nude. I love how the nude lipstick tones down the color of the gloss into a beautiful hint of color on the lips. Great for daily use.


This is the lipstick Girl Next Door. It is a beautiful light pink. This color is quite adventurous for me, but I love it!


This is a swatch of the color on my hand.


This is the color on my lips. I love the light sheen it gives to my lips! I will get a lot of use out of this for spring!

I encourage you to stop by a MAC counter and check out the collection if you're interested or you can see it online at maccosmetics.com. Did you like this post? Do you have ideas for future posts? Leave me comment and let me know what you think! -Jessica

Sneak peak for an upcoming tutorial:




No comments:

Post a Comment