Monday, February 4, 2013

All Drugstore Tutorial (Dupe for UD Glinda look)

L'Oreal has recently released some new eyeshadow quads:



I picked up this quad in Sultry Seductress from Ulta for $7.99. The taupe brown color and the beautiful purple really reminded me of the colors West and Tornado from the new Urban Decay Glinda Palette, so I decided to recreate that look using this quad. This is the result in comparison with the Glinda look:


                                      Urban Decay                                         L'Oreal
Here is what did:


Because the L'Oreal shadows are very shimmery, like the UD palette, I did my eyeshadows before my foundation. I did go ahead and moisturize and prime my skin.



To prime my eyelids I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe all over the lid and NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk. The Maybelline Color Tattoos are my very favorite cream eyeshadows! I have used MAC Paint Pots and Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows and they both crease on my eyelids. The Color Tattoos stay put all day long and have never let me down. The Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils do crease on my eyes, so I use this on my brow bone and inner eye. It makes my highlight show up better and these are areas that do not suffer from creasing. NYX is a brand only available at Ulta or online, but their prices are very reasonable and it is often on sale. 


Using a flat shader brush apply the taupe brown color all over your eyelid. 


Apply the purple with your favorite crease brush. Focus on the outer part of your lid working in a "V" shape from your lash line into your crease. Blend the color out lightly into your crease.


Working with the same color, take a smudge brush and blend the color into your lower lash line. This creates a smokey effect and adds an extra pop of color.


Use a small brush to apply the cream color to the inner corner of your eye and along your brow bone.


This beautiful black makes a great eyeliner for this look. Use an angled brush to place this color along your lash line. Once I got the desired look, I used the remaining product on my brush and pushed that along the very outer corner of my lower lash line for some extra definition. 



Use your favorite mascara to finish off the look. My favorite right now is the Maybelline Mega Plush. I really love Maybelline mascaras and often prefer them to higher end mascara. You should be replacing your mascara every three months to keep your eyes healthy. I do not want to spend $20 every three months, so I tend to pick a drugstore mascara. Plus this makes my eyelashes look thick and dark, without feeling brittle. I really love this stuff!


For my foundation I love the Revlon ColorStay Whipped foundation. I prefer to use this with a wet beauty sponge. I got this one from Ulta for $4 and it works great for me. This foundation is thick, so it covers well, but once it sets it looks natural on the skin and does not feel heavy at all. This is a foundation I have repurchased, and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great natural looking foundation that has great coverage. 


My favorite drugstore bronzer comes in at $3. This is NYC smooth face bronzer in Sunny. I believe that this is the only color they make this bronzer in, so it is easy to find. It is a matte bronzer and works great for contouring. It gives a great natural color to my skin and I love this!


This is the Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki. This is a terrible bronzer. It is very shimmery and is way too light, but it is a fantastic highlighter! It is comparable to theBalm's Mary Lou-manizer, which costs $24. I bought this too long ago to remember the price, but it can be purchased at Wal-Mart.


I love the NYX blushes! They are $5 at Ulta and they are just amazing. This is Mauve and it is the perfect matte blush for everyday. Cannot say enough good things about this blush. I use it all the time.


The last product I used for this look is my Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart. The Lip Butters are one of my favorite lip products! They give a great color to the lips, but they are so easy to apply. I can apply these without looking in a mirror and they make my lips feel great. I have these is several colors!


This is my before and after photos! I hope you enjoyed the look, even though it was a dupe for the last one. I just thought it was important to show that you can get great products on a budget! 

If you have any questions or comments please leave them below! Also let me know what you would like to see next! -Jessica





No comments:

Post a Comment