Wednesday, November 7, 2012

How to Reduce Under Eye Circles

There is nothing more difficult to conceal than under eye circles. The under eye is a thin area of skin that tends to wrinkle so it shows the world if you have caked on any product there. I am going to show you how I deal with my any discoloration or bags under my eyes.

Let's get started:


I don't have serious problems with my under eyes, but I do have some discoloration in this area.


My first step is to add foundation to my face. This lays down a base of color to work from. For example my skin has a lot of red in it naturally, but when I add foundation this is balanced out so that I don't need more products to correct the issue. This will help you decide what color you should use to correct discoloration under your eyes.



Here I am using a very light concealer that is a few shades lighter than my skin tone. If your under eye area is still very blue at this point try and find a concealer with a salmon tint to it.  I tap the concealer in an "L" shaped area below my eye and down the side of my nose. I blend it in a triangular shape. This disperses the color over the area. You do not want just a small bit of very light skin below your eyes, so by blending it over a wider area you are covering the problem area and blending it in to your face in a flattering way. I really love this Mabelline concealer, just remember to get a shade a few shades lighter than you skin tone.



Use a matte powder to set the concealer, so that it does not settle into fine lines or wrinkles in the area.


This is the before and after of my under eye area. You can see that the discoloration is gone and the eye looks more lifted and awake. Both products I used are from the drug store and are very easily accessible, I truly love them and use them on a regular basis.



This is my full face before and after. The lower picture is a close up on my eye makeup. I would recommend avoiding dark eyeshadow or liner on your lower lash line if under eye circles and discoloration are a big problem for you. Keep the darkness on top to help with the eye looking open and light.

I really hope this was helpful! Please leave a comment and let me know if you have tried this and how it worked for you and also what you would like to see in the future! -Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment