Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eyeshadow Eyeliner- Naked Palette Look

The month of October seemed to be very busy at my house. It was nice when I was in a rush to get ready for an event to have a go to look that I love, is easy, and could be done on the go! This is my most used eye look of October and I hope you will enjoy it!


Let's get started:



The first step to a look that you want to last all night is to prime your eye. I first use an eyeshadow primer, because I a serious problem with creasing, but if you do not you can go straight to the color bases. Here I used a light champaign color across the lid, this matte taupe in the outer corner and in the crease, and white to highlight the inner corner and below the brow bone. 


I used a small shadow brush to put Sin, a light pink, on the very inner part of my eyelid, not the inner corner of the eye. 


Using a flat eyeshadow brush I put Sidecar, a taupe shadow with some glitter, over the rest of my eyelid. The glitter in this eyeshadow may be intimidating, but by the end of the look the glitter is very toned down is my or a highlight on your lid to make your eyes look a bit bigger. This shadow also has some fallout, so pat while applying to minimize the shadow that may fall onto your cheeks.


I used Toasted, a dark taupe shadow, with a fluffy crease brush. I put the color on the outer third of my eyelid and into my crease. I blended it out into my desired shape. I tend to prefer a rounded edge to my eyeshadows. 


Hustle, a deep plum, is an optional step to darken up your crease. Depending on the time of day of my event I may or may not use this step. Darkening your crease is a great way to make a look more night time. Use the darker color in your crease and blend into Toasted so there are no harsh lines of color.


Using a  fluffy crease brush I mix Toasted and Hustle to make the lower lash line smokey. Virgin, a white shadow, is great for an inner corner and brow bone highlight. At this point I also line my upper water line with a black eyeliner pencil. Use the same pencil to line the upper half of your upper lash line. (Sorry that second picture is so dark.)


Use an eyeliner brush and a dark eyeshadow, I used Creep a dark green/black, and smudge along the eyeliner perviously placed on your lid. I like to make the liner thicker as it moves towards the outer corner.



Add your favorite mascara and your are finished with the eyes. This would also be the time to add some false lashes if you are wanting to be really fancy.


To finish the face you want to keep in mind that this is a fairly bold eye. I used some bronzer to lightly contour my cheeks and added a little blush just to give my cheeks some color. I used a pink lip gloss here as one option for this look. A nude lip and a bright red lip are also options!

I hope you enjoyed this look! Leave me a comment letting me know what you think and what you would like to see next! -Jessica



2 comments: